Founded by Dr. Mhairi Towler in 2012, Vivomotion is a multi-award winning business with the goal of bringing science to life!
Vivomotion is an animation production company, based in Dundee, Scotland with a focus on scientific communication. Our clients include: academics, biotech/pharmaceutical/medical device companies, clinicians, science centres and schools. In addition we offer training workshops on the visual presentation of science.
Through the medium of animation, stories of science are literally “brought to life”, allowing visualisation of the previously unseen, whether for conference talks, marketing or educational purposes. Customised animations are developed with the client, from concept, through storyboarding, production and delivery of a digital solution. A by-product of the animation process is art, in the form of digital prints. These are unique to each client and are available of purchase.
No matter what area of science you work in, if you have an idea you would like to visualise, get in touch by e-mail (email@example.com) and we can get started!
“Integrating Art and Science for communication”
Benefits of Animation
Use of animations will bring value in an academic setting by:
- Increasing student understanding and learning – reflected in University league tables
- Increasing scientists understanding of scientific concepts and refinement of hypotheses
- Making an impact at international scientific conferences
- Increasing public awareness of science and increasing impact status of University
- Enhancing lab websites appeal to viewers
Use of animations will bring value in a commercial setting by:
- Increasing sales
- Helping to gain investment/communicate with investors
- Helping to communicate technology/mechanism of action
- Increasing return on marketing investment
- Increasing brand awareness
- Increasing company impact – social responsibility